Writing is a dangerous activity !

I started writing, long before i was into blogging. When i look back to see where it all started....
I can't see it. Maybe i need a telescope. Oh ! not that distant, then at least a small magnifying glass. I started writing in my school days. My first writing was for a skit. Since no one was willing to write, i stepped forward into the shoes of a script write. The skit didn't have much glamour or a good language. Somehow i managed a theme and related it to current events. the skit was written overnight and did not have a big reception either. But i was happy, and felt writing was easy. But that was it. I had to wait a year, for my brain, to put another word on paper.

In college, I started writing poems in my mother tongue, Tamil. Each fifteen to thirty lines, requiring only a couple of hours of my day. I had only one guy, who was ready to listen to them or rather i was ready to recite to only him. I kept writing day in and day out. I hoped the time required to compile the same poem would reduce gradually, once i got going. But Nature had other plans. I started spending more. I was careful choosing words and it took me four to five hours to write the same twenty lines.

As a result, i started spending less time with my friends(i did not have many). No one dared coming near me when i was writing. They knew i would make their ears bleed. They left me in my own way. At times i have turned deaf ears to my friends when writing, making them feel, i was unconscious. No one spoke to me. I followed suite. Gradually i became a loner and started spending time alone. I started walking alone, for miles, thinking about a thousand things. As in "A Beautiful Mind", imaginary characters started appreciating my friendship. I liked them too.
I started creating my own World, where entry permission was denied to all but me. A world where Imagination only can survive.

I have been arrogant to people at times and have turned deaf ears at the others. I had sat alone for hours, staring at the white paper, to see my pen spray some ink on it. I keep writing, believing that one day or the other, it will become more powerful than Mr. Barack Obama.

Though lonely, i feel happy to write and feel like being in heaven, when someone appreciates it. Writing has become an addiction and has gives me more pleasure than all drugs combined(It doesn't mean i have been into drugs :D). Slowly, but steadily, it has become my Passion and started eating me.

I have started to love this dangerous guy! Oops! i am no homosexual. :P

Comments

Anonymous said…
I saw a documentary of Hiroki Murakami the japanese wirter and he said that there is some poison that comes up with writing and the writer has to somehow learn to deal with it.

I think writing is like meditation process. I have read about the meditation process being compared with the churning of the ocean of milk by devas and asuras. It is the churning of the mind and the poisons eventually come up. So on needs shiva to drink it. Shiva here could be a balanced ego, being in the center of the thoughts, not getting attached. Just watching the thoughts and not reacting with emotions, whatever thoughts may come up. Those who finally drinks up the exlir or immortality or enlightenment will become immortals. others will get drunk like the asuras who got the big pot of alcohol with their inflated ego.

It is funny that when the mind starts to churn, most people reach out to alcohol, just like the asuras did.

Popular posts from this blog

The ninety-four shades of E.V. Ramasamy "Periyar" Naidu

Forbidden history: V.O. Chidambaram Pillai

Forbidden history: Vanchinathan, the young freedom fighter