An Atheist's God

By birth, I am an Hindu. But by choice, i am an atheist. I have been one since college and i hope, i will be one till death. However my belief on God hasn't vanished. I still believe in god. But not the Gods that are portrayed in Mythologies and histories, a different kind of God.

A god who knows to answer my prayers, even before i pray. A god who forgives me for all my mistakes well within my lifetime (not asking me to go to hell or heaven). The god who taught me the a,b,c,d's of English as well Life. A god who fasts for my well being. A god who bent down, so i can stand up. A god who was very happy to eat my left-overs.

A god who let me live in her body and feast on her blood. A god who showered me with love and affection. A god who lived for me and still lives for me. A god whom i can see, hear, feel, and love.

She carried me in her womb,
My first Black and beautiful tomb!
She fed me with her blood,
I don't know, how am i gonna pay that debt!!!

I lay asleep in her shoulder for hours,
And she was there to wipe off my tears!
Her love has alwasy been pure,
I dont wasnt to lose her for sure!!!

I don't believe in rebirth. If there is one for me, I know for sure, she will be there.

Comments

Anonymous said…
dae.... its awesum machi.. continue this.. pleasant to read da
Anonymous said…
This is so beautiful! It really made me cry... Thanks, Ila.

Popular posts from this blog

The ninety-four shades of E.V. Ramasamy "Periyar" Naidu

Forbidden history: V.O. Chidambaram Pillai

Forbidden history: Vanchinathan, the young freedom fighter