The most valuable moment in my life


Well, I am into my early twenties and i say the most valuable moment in my LIFE, which may look a bit insane. But, I am sure it will be one.

When i was this seven year old kid, i used to walk to my school. Also, i used to fight with my mom for some small pocket money, Rs 5(Indian currency, equals 10 cents). And one day, on my way to my school, I found a kid, pulling me by the collar of my shirt. He was about the same age, but had filthy clothes, unclean body and uncombed hair. He also had a small bowl in his hand.
He requested me to give him some money, so that he can have a meal. I saw the torn 5 rupee note in my pocket, Gandhi was smiling at me. My brain urged me to save it for a chocolate.


But my Heart did not do so. I took the note from my pocket and gave it to him without hesitation and i was about to leave, when i saw him for one final time. And there was this satisfied, grateful smile on his face, the best ever chocolate, i ever had in my life. I was a bit proud and a couple of tears rolled down my eyes. I have donated some good money later in my life. But that smile and that tears were the ones, set me for my life.


Even when i die, the last thing i will remember is that smile, which makes me cry!!!

It is only with heart that one can see, what is invisible to the eyes!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ninety-four shades of E.V. Ramasamy "Periyar" Naidu

Forbidden history: V.O. Chidambaram Pillai

Forbidden history: Vanchinathan, the young freedom fighter