My Angel - age 10 !

Our Family used to travel to a town called Kanya kumari, the southern tip of India, once in two years, when i was a kid. It was one of those trips. A five hour journey. I was about 8 and the instincts of a man started showing up in me. We were travelling in a day train, with 4+2 seater compartments . We(our family of four) occupied a whole compartment. This is where i saw her.

The next compartment in our coach was occupied by a North Indian Family(well, it looked like one for my eyes). A big fat father and a fatter mother were seated on one side. On the opposite were their three children. Two boys, one about my age and the other a couple of years younger. There she was. Seated diagonally opposite to her parents, clearly visible to me, holding a piece of sweet in her hand.

She was wearing a horizontal-striped T-shirt and a blue jean. She had a boy cut or her hair has grown only that much, which i couldn't find out. She was taller than me and that was how i guessed her age to be 10. At the first look, i felt nothing, Then suddenly, i heard of a soft cry from her direction. There she was, with her lips twisted on getting a smaller piece than her brother. That was the moment. Adrenalin started to rush in my body. I decided that i would make her smile. I started running madly, here and there, jumping excitedly, went before her and blushed. Soon, i was going places.

By this time, she had seen this monkey running around and smiled at me. A new hero was born inside me. I showed my biceps, which could have easily been the smallest she has ever seen, as if i was the strongest man in the World. I started pulling the window protection bars as if i was going to pull them out. I started punching and kicking the air, to show her i was brave. I did all circus to impress her.

All went well until this happened. To prove my ultimate braveness, i started climbing the upper berth, when my leg slipped and i fell to the floor. the next scene was my angry mother slapping me on my face. The monkey's show was all over. It had to hide its tail.

The train arrived at our destination. Time to part with my angel. Our family got out of the train followed by hers. Every inch we moved towards the entrance, i was losing time to spend with her. My heart started pounding heavily. At the entrance, I turned back to have a last glimpse at her. She stood, smiling at me and waving a 'Bye'. I smiled back.

There she was, my angel(name unknown) for me and so was I !

Comments

king Sat said…
" She was taller than me " - how much significant is this ha ha ha ha
Anonymous said…
Nee pinju la pazhutha pazham nu proof pannita da..

@sat: good comment!!

Popular posts from this blog

The ninety-four shades of E.V. Ramasamy "Periyar" Naidu

Forbidden history: V.O. Chidambaram Pillai

Forbidden history: Vanchinathan, the young freedom fighter