Thamizhan !

For quite sometime now, there has been some complaints from few of my friends, that i have not written anything in Tamil, my mother tongue. So, let me take a chance now, to do so. When i was thinking to present something in Tamil, i looked back at my roots. POEMS. This is were it all started. So, I present a Tamil poem here. Its something a boy friend can gift to his girl friend. If any of you have an idea to be my girl friend, this is for You!

உனக்கு
------------
சலவை செய்த நிலவு,
வண்ணங்கள் நிறைந்த வளைவு,
வெடித்து சிரிக்கும் மின்னல்,
இமைகள் வருடும் தென்றல்!

நெஞ்சில் விழுகின்ற மழை,
கனவில் பூக்கின்ற சிலை,
காலையில் அவிழ்ந்த பனிமலர்,
கண்கள் வரைந்த புது உயிர்!

உடைந்து விழுந்த குட்டி நட்சத்திரம்,
கண்மூடி சிரிக்கின்ற தங்க முத்துச்சரம்,
கண் சிமிட்டும் அருவி,
பொட்டு வைக்கும் குருவி!

எல்லாவற்றையும் சரியாக தேர்ந்தெடுத்த நான்,
என் கவிதையின் தலைப்பில் தவறு செய்துவிட்டேன்!
தலைப்பு உனக்கு அல்ல,
நீ எனக்கு!

Well, that's it for now. I will put in more Tamil poems in the future, as and when, i find the sheets on which I wrote them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ninety-four shades of E.V. Ramasamy "Periyar" Naidu

Forbidden history: V.O. Chidambaram Pillai

Forbidden history: Vanchinathan, the young freedom fighter