If I were not a Human, What would I be?

I have always wondered, what a bird feels, when it flies, what a fish feels, when it swims, what a lion feels when it hunts, and what it feels like to be one of these. Some of our faiths believe in next birth and advocates that you next birth will be based on your sins, this expedition. I am and non-believer, and certainly can't wait till next birth. So, let me explore them, right now.

How about a bird? I can fly (I have never flown before). I can cross boundaries with no visas or tickets. I can live anywhere I wish. But, that makes it too easy for me to be in a frying pan, in pieces. So, not a bird.

Maybe a Horse. I can run fast. i can look handsome, with those big tooth and more importantly, I need not worry about the frying pan. Ah! what a relief ! But, I have to carry loads in my back. Wastes and Men (Unfortunately, both are the same). I will have to draw carts. To simply put it, act as a slave. I am not a slave.

Think of a snake (laughing cruelly). Everyone will fear me. I can kill anyone, just by a small kiss (well, I must have been the poison Ivy in Batman). But, once I am caught, it is my end. They will strip me naked of my poison and ask me to dance for a stupid music. Foolish People.

What if, I become a Lion? Most powerful and fearsome than a snake. King of the Jungle. Even i need not work. I can sit and eat all day. That would be fun. But, one day, I will have to stand in front of a huge crowd, to open my mouth so wide that, a bald ring master can, put in his stinking head into it. Horrible, Isn't it? Not a Lion for sure.

Human predators. Curse them. What about a creature before Humans evolved, something big? A dinosaur. Well, even before, i have the time to feel it, I will have to die by some climate change. Oops! Not the best way to die.

Why think of a living creature? Why not other-wise? Flowers. Looks wonderful. Smells beautiful. Chance to sit on a women's head and God's neck. Won't it be wonderful? NO. the next day i must be in a dustbin. No way.

Water? Essential for life. Good Idea. But, i do not want to end up in a plastic bag like a caged bird. I am not for sale.

Air? No way they can cage me. There is no way you can see me. At least not easily. I am also essential for life. But, pollution. I do not like some one disturbing my privacy.

How about fire? Source or heat, energy and light. Men celebrate my discovery. But, I do not want to be a sinner. Killing all life forms is not my job.

OK. Rainbow? Something that does no harm by any means. Beautiful and colourful. But, am i not short-lived? the globe is warming, it hardly rains and i hardly appear.

Star? Well, I am always there, may be not visible to you at all times. I am colourful, bright, beautiful and heavenly. Nice. Men will even send probes to research me. But, what's the reason for my existence? Well, Nothing really. Then, why exist in the first place.

What about the sky? Seen everywhere, anytime. But, who am i really? Do i really exist? I don't wanna be non-existent.

Enough is enough. Let me be more Greedy. Let me be everything. Let me be God. Even though i know, i am non-existent, others don't/ they will worship me. they pray to me. they are literally my slaves. I am the real ruler. Everything is fine and everything is not. I will have to take an avatar, to say, "Truth alone Triumphs". I will have to travel miles from the sky to the Earth. i will have to get crucified for your sins, or stay in a jungle for 14 years, for no promise i made. This is simply not my job.

A exploring a lot of these options, I feel it better to be a Human or nothing. So let me try to be, who I am. So be you and lead your life the way you want it.

Don't be jealous on others. They may earn more money than you do, they may have more friends than you have, they may be in a better job than you are. But both of you have a single Life. Enjoy it the most, as you wish. You may not get a second chance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ninety-four shades of E.V. Ramasamy "Periyar" Naidu

Forbidden history: V.O. Chidambaram Pillai

Forbidden history: Vanchinathan, the young freedom fighter