Is death sentence, an answer for crimes?

When I was thinking to write on this topic, the first thing that popped up into mind is the movie, "The Green Mile". A disturbing movie, which beautifully portrays, the emotion involved in executing a criminal. the narration was touching and by the time, the movie had ended, i had tears in my eyes. But let me record my own thoughts about the topic.

A father raping his seven year old daughter, a husband sharing his wife with his friends, a man decapitating his wife for talking to another man, a gang burning students along with the bus, a terrorist killing a thousand innocents. When i ask myself, do they deserve to live? My instinct says "No". How come, they are allowed to walk the Earth, alongside me? I shout inside my Heart, "THEY SHOULD DIE".

But, unfortunately, I am designed to think and act, a handwork of nature. I have grey matter, within my white skull, which tells to my Heart, "Hey Buddy, You need my permission to shout out loud." So when my Heart waits for my brain to analyze, let us take a closer look into my Brain.

My Brain asks itself, Who is a criminal? A person who does something that is unacceptable by laws, something that affects a second person and/or his life. Then, why is a criminal punished? To make him realize the fact that, he has done a mistake, intentionally or unintentionally, and to teach him not to do that again. Is death a punishment? Yes, of course. It is a way to ensure that he never commits that mistake again. But what about the other intention, to make him realize his mistake? Well, Uh, Ur.... No answer from my brain. The fact is that, the punishment fails to achieve its objective. Then why have it?

If killing some one is a crime, by our laws, then earning, a Degree in Law, cannot be used as a waiver form against this crime. If you are qualified to wear a black coat, It doesn't mean that, you have the right to kill. Before calling the criminal inhuman, see what you've got for him. Tit for tat, and a head for head, do not and must not fit into the Law books.

If birth is the right of nature, how can death be otherwise. Please leave it to nature. When your shirt is dirty, you do not tear it, you just clean it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ninety-four shades of E.V. Ramasamy "Periyar" Naidu

Forbidden history: V.O. Chidambaram Pillai

Forbidden history: Vanchinathan, the young freedom fighter