To You !

Most of us live out our days on routines. We wake up with the sun, brush, bath, read newspapers, get dressed and have breakfast when we realize that we are running late by 10 minutes to office. We then take a long run to work, check mails, say a good morning to couple of friends and sit down and stare at a code that is written in an unknown language by an unknown bugger. At 5, we hurry back to homes, watch of couple of shows on TV, read a book and retire for the day. We have a really tight schedule and find it difficult to squeeze in new things. We hardly find any time to talk to ourselves.

There are only two listeners to us in the World, who can bare whatever we talk, whenever and where ever. The God and Sub-consciousness. At the age of 22, I know that one never answers. I hope most of you had the same experience. And when we talk to the other, The World calls us mad. So we never try to talk to our self. This is not the only reason. Our sub-consciousness has built-in intelligence to tell what is true and what is not, what is right and what is wrong, what should we do and what we shouldn't. These answers, most of the times, doesn't go well with us. So we develop a barrier between us and our sub-consciousness and never talk with it. If it starts some conversation, we never answer.

You can ask me, "Is not talking to my sub-consciousness a punishable crime or something?". No, it's not. Its a curse. It really is. Our sub-consciousness remains hidden and plays second to our minds most of the times. Our minds simply follow our intuitions, our urges, and our desires, whereas our sub-consciousness tells us to follow only things that are right. To put in a coding language(for better understanding),

#if defined _SUBCONSCIOUSNESS
if(right)
#end if
do something;

Our sub-conscious minds do a check for correctness before doing things, our minds bypass them. Now, you would have understood what you lose not talking to your sub-consciousness. You do things and reap their benefit, good or bad.

"It is easily said than done", I can hear you say with some skepticism. Being a writer, it wasn't hard for me. I spend most of my time alone. So I make myself a good company to me. But, you're right. It may not be that easy, when you have such tight routines. But, I will tell you how I started.

I started to walk for long hours. Of course alone, with only music to accompany me. I used to imagine my friends were with me. I started conversing with them my day to day activities, and my decisions of that day. Those friends were just virtual representation of my sub-consciousness in another physical body. This helped me connect with myself. Each day, I would talk to a different person on a different subject. They would answer me in their voice, my answers. I still use this technique.

You can start here as well. Take a walk back to home from office. Take your friend, imaginary friend, along with you. Converse with him. Connect to yourself.

Polonius in Hamlet said, "To thine own, self be true !" At the end of the day, that is all it matters. To be true to yourself. The only way to do this, is to talk to yourself. It helps you to know you better !



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ninety-four shades of E.V. Ramasamy "Periyar" Naidu

Forbidden history: V.O. Chidambaram Pillai

Forbidden history: Vanchinathan, the young freedom fighter